Including Licensed Retailers in OCS Editorial Content
This curatorial process is designed to provide fair and equal opportunities for Licensed Retailers (LRs) to be featured in OCS consumer-focused content. It offers LRs the opportunity for inclusion in our monthly editorial calendar (which supplements our five main yearly campaigns).
Including a wide range of LRs in OCS content not only makes it richer but also provides the diverse viewpoints needed to tell the full story of cannabis in Ontario. This is a valuable opportunity for LRs to join the conversation and help educate consumers about their brands.
How to Participate
The OCS will post quarterly open calls for submissions. Licensed Retailers can opt in to a pool to be considered for inclusion in our monthly content within the quarter. Each call is posted three months out from the first month of inclusion (see calendar below) and will outline set editorial themes for the quarter.
Note: We may occasionally reach out to LRs for content opportunities that they have not submitted a request for, but we will always consider prior submissions first, with an eye to featuring a range of LRs.
Licensed Retailers must submit a form before the call deadline and provide the following information:
- Details about the store(s) you’d like to feature (note: the store must be open by date of publication)
- Timing: Is there a specific month within the quarter you’d like to be featured?
- Rationale as to why you want to feature this store now (e.g., is it new, are there seasonal events or is it timely in some way?)
- Confirmation that you can provide requested assets (e.g., imagery, access to experts for quotes)
- Confirmation that you can provide opportunities to link to content on OCS
Current/Upcoming Calls for Content
Each brand submission will be considered for inclusion in a limit of one of the following months per quarter (although you may submit forms for multiple months). Our goal is to include a range of LRs, so inclusion will be spread out as much as possible throughout the year.
Note: All timing and departments are subject to change at the discretion of the OCS marketing team.